This recipe is perfect for the entire family. It is so simple to make too! I got all my ingredients for amazing prices at Aldi!
Below are all the details for this recipe….. be sure to give it a try for your next meal:
TOMATO SPINACH PASTA
1/2 Bag Spinach (I used the Little Salad Bar bag from Aldi)
2 cups uncooked Pasta
1 small onion
1 can Diced Tomatoes
1 – 1 1/2 cups of favorite Pasta Sauce
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Minced Garlic
Small pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 tsp dried Oregano or Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste
Top with Grated Parmesan Cheese
** This recipe will make 4 Full Servings and when served with homemade garlic bread….will cost under $5.00 to make!
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook your pasta for 7-10 minutes.
- While your pasta is cooking, dice your small onion. Add olive oil, diced onion and garlic in a pan and heat on low for 5 minutes.
- Add in the following ingredients to the onion & garlic mixture: diced tomatoes (do not drain), Oregano or Italian Seasoning, Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes, pasta sauce, salt & pepper.
- Stir for 3-5 minutes on low heat.
- Add in the spinach and cook for 5 minutes (spinach will wilt down in size)
- After spinach has cooked, add in the cooked pasta and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Be sure to stir all the ingredients together!
- Let pasta cool before serving. Top with grated parmesan cheese.
HOMEMADE GARLIC BREAD
4 tbsp of butter
1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat butter and minced garlic in small sauce pan. Pour mixture on top of Baguette an place in oven for 5-7 minutes.
Enjoy & check back for more Budget Meal Recipes!
(This post may contain affiliate links.)